Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £45,000
Title: Assistant Planner,
My client is very well known and respected £400m turnover RC frames contractor and are currently looking to add to their Bristol team. The role may suit an individual with an Engineering / Project Management background. The salary for this role is £45k - £50k, based at the Bristol office.
Primary Functions/ Duties:
- Assist the Bid Team to successfully submit bid proposals for each tender contract
- Responsible for the preparation of Tender submissions for Civil Engineering / Hard Landscaping and RC Frame projects
- Measuring & ‘ Quantity Take-Off’, taking measurements from drawings for planning purposes
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
- Assist the Senior team members to produce price & final summary sheets for review
- Attend pre-contract interviews, client meetings etc
- Post Tender Presentations of the tender scheme internally and externally to directors and clients
- Any other duties as may be required. Experience/ Key Skills
- Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering and or relevant planning experience
- Experienced in a mixture of contract types including: utilities, bulk earthworks, paving, groundworks, roadworks, CBD Excavations, piling & underpinning, substructure basements and superstructure frames
- You must have experience of working within a ‘contractor’ environment
- Sound commercial acumen
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player. You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis.
Good Senior planners can look to make in excess of £110,000 per year easily, this is a very sought after role and definitely a good investment of your time.